Become a Member
To Pay By Snail Mail send your cheque with one of these forms:
Membership per snail mail Word format: Membership (Word)
Membership per snail mail Adobe (pdf) format: Membership (pdf)
We, the CUSJ (Canadian Unitarians for Social Justice) are a national, liberal religious organization, founded to actively promote Unitarian values through social action. We develop and maintain a vibrant network for social action, at the local, national, and international levels, for the relief of
- Discrimination based on religious, racial, sexual orientation or other grounds
- Abuses to human rights of individuals or groups of peoples
- Poverty and economic injustice
- Environmental degradation
- Breaches of peace, security and the democratic process
CUSJ creates opportunities for expression of Unitarian religious, humanistic, and spiritual values through our website, JUSTnews, our discussion list, and our facebook page. We also connect Unitarians to larger coalitions who share our values and work to increase our impact on the issues we care about.
CUSJ is a membership organization of Unitarians committed to the above purposes, and a stakeholder group of the Canadian Unitarian Council. What we are is dependent on the vision, energy, and commitment of our members. We are financed by our members and supportive congregations only. Memberships are due for renewal every April 1st. Memberships renewed between January 1st and March 31st are good till April 1st the following year.
We welcome ANY Membership fee /donation, but please be as generous as you can. On average members contribute $50, but all contributions are welcome. Some give $100 or more so that those who can give $10 feel free to join. ALL contributions count and ensure that we have a vital presence through JustNews and other media.
If you cannot afford to contribute, ask the treasurer for a waiver or a life membership when you send in your form.
NOTE: CUSJ is not a charity and does not offer a tax receipt. By supporting ourselves fully, we can allow our voice to be heard without being limited by policies we don’t agree with that are set by the government of the day. We want a voice informed by principle and ethical practices, accountable to Unitarians and Universalists across Canada.
We invite you to join us. — Any person, (and this includes organizations), can become a member of CUSJ.
By signing up as a member you are:
▪ declaring your agreement with our general purposes
▪ declaring a willingness to work with other Unitarians within a covenant that we all agree to, to treat one another with respect and dignity, listen to one another deeply, and try to walk in each other’s shoes as we wrestle with difficult spiritual and ethical dilemmas.
▪ agreeing to come forward when you have concerns, and to give people who are developing positions your honest feedback, in a spirit of respect, so that we can be a worthy and respected voice in the Canadian conversation on equity and justice.
▪ Agreeing to listen to feedback on your ideas, and to give alternative ideas serious consideration.
▪ Offering gifts of time, talent, and treasure. To keep your membership in good standing, membership fees are due once a year at the beginning of the fiscal year, April 1st.