Start A CUSJ Chapter
Start a CUSJ Chapter
Some cities, or congregations, have chosen to form a CUSJ chapter in their area. This brings social activists in the area together for discussions and planned actions and events. These chapters may also liaise with local interfaith and social justice organizations, and facilitate Unitarian involvement in larger community justice events.
Read these guidelines and decide what kind of chapter you want to be.
To apply for chapter status write a letter and send it to: Frances Deverell firstname.lastname@example.org Include the following information:
- The number of members and the number of supporters of CUSJ in your chapter and their names (people can sign up for CUSJ using the form at this link: Become a Member
- A statement of support for the CUSJ purposes and by-laws and the CUC Principles
- Decide if you will be a Congregational or a Regional Chapter. If you will be a Congregational Chapter, have you discussed what you are doing with the board of the congregation?
- Tell us which issues your chapter is or will be involved with and whether they are local, provincial, or national in nature. Let us know if you will need support from the National CUSJ Board.
- A statement of understanding about the importance of staying in communication with the CUSJ Board when you are taking action
The CUSJ Board looks forward to receiving your application to be a chapter. We will respond to your application after the next scheduled board meeting. CUSJ Board normally meets the first Monday of the month from 7pm to 9pm Eastern time. Chapter members are welcome to attend CUSJ Board meetings. Ask for an invitation from email@example.com.